Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

my crazy corner <$BlogRSDUrl$>

my crazy corner
strange stories, interesting facts, fun stuff








BIC Ballpen Sells 100 Billionth Pen

Saturday, September 10, 2005

More than half a century after honing a cheap version of the ballpoint pen, Bic, the French firm which built an empire out of making things to be thrown away, said Thursday it had sold its 100 billionth -- 100,000,000,000th --- disposable ballpoint.
The group started small after the war and now has annual revenues of around 1.4 billion euros, including sales of razors and lighters.
"The pens have been sold on average 57 times a second since 1950," BIC said.
read full article
1:58 PM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Woo hoo! I love using Bic. It writes smooth, but I'm currently using g'soft cos the ink never dries up. You can really use up the whole stick for this brand. Bic's quslity has dropped lately. The last Bic pen I used only managed 3 days of usage. But I still think it's a good brand.

    By Blogger P-Zan Leong, at Monday, September 12, 2005 6:23:00 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Edgar :: permalink