Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

my crazy corner <$BlogRSDUrl$>

my crazy corner
strange stories, interesting facts, fun stuff








Good and Bad Procrastination (???)

Monday, December 26, 2005
(image from woot.com)

Paul Graham writes an article on procrastination:

The most impressive people I know are all terrible procrastinators. So could it be that procrastination isn't always bad?
Most people who write about procrastination write about how to cure it. But this is, strictly speaking, impossible. There are an infinite number of things you could be doing. No matter what you work on, you're not working on everything else. So the question is not how to avoid procrastination, but how to procrastinate well.
There are three variants of procrastination, depending on what you do instead of working on something: you could work on (a) nothing, (b) something less important, or (c) something more important. That last type, I'd argue, is good procrastination.
read full article...

Great reading for those making New Year's resolutions!
4:40 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Hi Edgar! I miss ya! >_<
    So sorry for the long abscence. Our computer broke down, like really broke down. I guess we've abused it way too much and it's kind of old too. Up to now it's yet even fully functioning well.

    I miss blogging and I miss my fellow bloggers. Oh my poor blog!

    By Blogger celestial_elisha, at Tuesday, December 27, 2005 1:54:00 PM  
  • welcome back elisha. been busy too. these 3 or so posts were done in a hurry. good i had reserve draft posts.
    merry christmas and a happy new year to you and your family.

    By Blogger Edgar, at Wednesday, December 28, 2005 4:36:00 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Edgar :: permalink